Erection problems after prostate cancer
One man's unique perspective
For most men, not being able to get an erection after treatment for prostate cancer can be devastating.
But this man with advanced, recurrent cancer shows all of us that we
can always find humor even in the most difficult
We hope you will take his submission in stride as it is not our
intention to offend anyone, or to minimize how difficult impotence
after prostate cancer treatment can be for couples.
Ten good things about not being able to get an erection
- When I dance close to my wife, I never have to be embarrassed about getting an erection and everyone seeing it.
- When I’m looking at a sexy woman (other than my wife), there’s no chance of getting aroused and my wife seeing it.
- In the morning, I don’t have to worry about sleeping on my stomach and my erection getting in the way.
- I’m no longer anxious about premature ejaculation during lovemaking.
- I’m no longer bothered by nocturnal emissions.
- I never mess up the sheets on the bed any more.
- When I’m on my annual group ski trip, my housemates no
longer have to endure the site of my early morning "rising" at
- I’m never anxious about getting an erection in front of the guys in the locker room.
- When a pretty girl walks by on the beach, I don’t have to worry about being embarrassed by an erection.
- I no longer worry about losing an erection because I can’t get one to begin with.
Submitted by "Twisted PCa Survivor" 1/09
Always consult a medical professional.